Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our first step

I feel like a student learning a new language. The language of adoption. SO much to figure out! What agency to use? Domestic or foreign? Newborn or toddler? What the heck is a dossier?! lol One site said the problem isn't lack of information on the web--it's too MUCH information. I have to agree. I've looked into a couple local agencies and requested info from them. One called me within about 30 minutes of me emailing them. She seemed nice, but I don't want to jump into something half blind. That's how I feel right now. Rob and I will have to sit down when we have some free time together and figure out if we want to go with domestic or a foreign country and which agency is for us. I think that's our first big step. Then the paperwork begins.

Oh, and if we do adopt a newborn we already have her name picked out. Yes, it starts with an "R". We love the name Rachael Marie. Marie was my grandmother's name, and she was a super-awesome woman! Don't hold us to this name, but for now that's what we've got. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment