Thursday, January 7, 2010

I must be patient!

I keep telling myself to be patient. If we had chosen to have a child ourselves, we'd first have to get pregnant and then wait nine months for the little peanut to "cook", so we'd be looking at a pretty similar time line as we are for adoption. Everyone keeps telling me 12-15 months. Some overseas are a bit longer, but that seems to be the norm. I did talk to some agencies that license foster parents, but they all tell me you cannot have a dual license. I can't give up my family child care license right now, so that takes care of that. I do know of one agency in town that will do it, but I'm really thinking fostering to adopt is not the right direction for us to take. Right now we are leaning towards a domestic adoption. That would mean we'd get a newborn--probably straight home from the hospital! Ah, sleepless nights, matching luggage under my eyes, lots of diapers and formula (THAT will be a new experience for us! lol). None of that scares me though. I'm actually looking forward to every minute of it! We still haven't picked an agency, but I am narrowing it down. :)

In the meantime, to keep myself busy I'm decided to rekindle some old hobbies. Very old. Like childhood! lol I've picked out a very pretty quilt pattern and am going to head to JoAnns this weekend and get fabric to make a baby quilt. I may pick up some fleece and yarn and make a no sew blanket and a baby afghan, too. Hey, here in Colorado you can never have too many baby blankets! Little Girl's room will be pink and chocolate. I want it to be a very mellow place for her to spend her nights. No overstimulating characters on her walls or scary critters on her bedding. I suppose once she's old enough to want Princesses or something like that, we'll cross that bridge. For now, it's Mommy's choice. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well you are looking at work,but it is going to be well worth it!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete