Friday, January 22, 2010

A journey of 1000 miles...

We had our foster/adopt orientation last night! Our official first step. :) We got a HUGE packet of paperwork to fill out, sign, and turn back in, along with fingerprint cards for FBI and CBI background checks and physical forms. We have to get copies of all kinds of documents, including all the pets vaccination records, marriage certificate, driver's licenses, etc, etc, etc, etc... When I look at the entire 1000 steps I get overwhelmed, so I'm choosing to look at just one step at a time. We'll get there. :)

The house is coming along! The computer room is still clean and we even put bedding on the bed. I'm tackling the theater room closet and trying to clean a shelf off to put all the stuff from the hutch on so we can sell that thing. Anyone know anybody in the market for an old, wooden hutch with glass doors??? Let me know if you do! It really is nice. We just don't need it or have room for it. I'm also cleaning out one or two boxes a night in the basement. Randy's room is now void of boxes--if I could just get him to clean it! lol Robin's room apparently doesn't have any boxes in it (he doesn't want anyone in his room). I guess he just tosses things in the closet! I'm not sure I want to go in there. :p I'll tackle the 1/2 dozen or so under the stairs this weekend.

We're just going to keep trudging along! I think I've found my motto--one step at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment