Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The decluttering has begun...

...and I've made a dent! lol I started with a few boxes in our closet that hadn't been opened in 3 1/2 years. Yeah, a lot of that was trash or donate! Then Monday this week I tackled the computer room (which will eventually be the kid's playroom). THAT was daunting and overwhelming! BUT, I did it! :) We can now vacuum the WHOLE floor and actually get to the spare twin bed that's in there! We will move the desk to Randy's room and get rid of the hutch (went with an old table we no longer have-we just use it for storage). Last night I went through a few boxes in the basement and threw a bunch of stuff out. I can't tell you how good it feels to walk into a room and have it completely cleaned out and decluttered! It feels, oh, fresh. :) The theater room (fourth bedroom upstairs) doesn't really need a lot. Basically just child proofing. Our room and closet still need quite a bit, but it's a lot of little stuff. It'll get done and I'll have killed two birds with one stone. Decluttering the house was one of my new year's resolutions. It also has to be done for the home study. There ya go! lol

Now we're trying to decide what gender children we want. We know we want at least one girl. We're thinking it'd be better if we could get two girls (siblings) close in age so they'll always have their sister for support and to play with. We don't know if we want to limit ourselves like that, though. If they have a boy/girl sibling group do we say no? I just don't know yet. We've bumped up our orientation to tomorrow night. Maybe we'll have more info and can make a better educated decision after that.

OH! We actually bought two matching cribs this weekend! I know--it's awful early. BUT, we got a great deal on them and they convert to toddler beds so they're pretty versatile. One thing less to get later and they really don't take up that much space. We will need at a minimum a gate at the top of the stairs, and I'd like a gate for their room and the play room, also. I really don't want the dogs in there. They get very excited very easily. I don't need three dogs jumping on two kids! :p We've got lots of time to get that stuff. I just like to plan ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment